Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Gems #1 Home Alone Collection

I have a large collection. I figure this would be a good place to put up a few sets that I am really proud of having in my collection. I will place a few pictures of the sets and talk a little about why I enjoy having it in my collection. I hope that this brings enjoyment to your DVD hoarding selves.
Today I am putting forward a holiday themed collection in the Home Alone 25th Anniversary Collection. This collection can still be bought at around $30-$40 and in my opinion for what it has in it this is worth the pay.
A Couple of Downsides first off. The movies come in a paper holder that has the potential to scratch your DVDs/Blu Rays. Also you only get the Blu-Rays for the first two films. On the positives you get the Special Edition Blu-Ray/DVD combos of the first two films and included are all the amazing special features found within. My favorites are the full versions of the films that Kevin is watching and is too scared to watch all the way at during these films. The editions and trnansfers are not to bad and in my opinion the other three films in the collections don't really need the Blu-Ray treatment and look good enough on screen.
This collection also comes with a few other perks and extras including a Christmas Ornament, Rubber spider, Wanted Poster and his original battle plan for the house. These are cool extras for the avid collector and the bucket itself is a great display item for your shelf (I keep mine in the box when I am not viewing it).
This is a collection I feel will one day slip into obscurity and I recommend it to any home alone fan trying to get hold of all the movies and have a nice displayable box on top of it all. If you are not into that stuff there are still a few other options to get the whole collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment